A couple months ago we told you about a contest from Mercer and SMITH magazine asking people to describe various aspects of work in six words.
On Thursday, the two companies wrapped up the contest and announced some recent winners.
We thought it would be a good opportunity to highlight some of our readers’ best entries from our previous post.
Here’s a sampling of our favorites, in no particular order.
- Life unfolds, 8 hours a day (Janet White)
- Men told me I couldn’t, Ha! (Beth Knipple)
- Starting anew, can’t wait to begin (John Kodeski)
- 100 resume submissions, no work yet! (Tammy Murphy)
- Don’t know, I just work here (Tori Pusley-Dent)
- Didn’t win lotto, going to work (Laura Lambie)
- Work Hard, Pay Taxes, Then Repeat (Norman R Morris)
- Help, my email inbox is overflowing! (Liz Woessner)
Readers, do you have any more six-word work insights? Share them below.