Almost everyone has done something at the office that still makes them cringe - including most bosses.
Staffing firm OfficeTeam recently released a survey asking senior managers about their most embarrassing work moments. Among them:
- “I called my boss ‘my love’ by complete accident.”
- "While speaking at a business event, I fell off the stage."
- "I sent an offer letter to the wrong candidate."
- "I said something inappropriate about my boss and found out he was standing right behind me."
- “I went into the ladies’ bathroom by mistake.” (We’re guessing that was a man.)
Many managers said their embarrassing moments had to do with their apparel. Those included wearing bathroom slippers to work, tearing one’s trousers and conducting a training session with one’s zipper down.
The phone survey of about 1,300 senior managers in the United States and Canada was conducted by International Communications Research.
How should you handle those embarrassing mishaps? OfficeTeam recommends that you remain calm, acknowledge what happened, apologize if necessary and then move on.
Readers, what’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you at work?